Benefits of testing
With the ever-increasing workloads of modern life, finding the time to interview potential new employees can become a burden for any Recruiter. Neither recruiters nor candidates want to waste on bad interviews, which in turn puts pressure on finding suitable candidates first time around, making shortlisting essential.
Testing can quickly cover a broad range of technical skills proving (or disproving) candidates' claims against their CV and whether they have the expertise and understanding they claim to have. This can provide an insight into at candidate's on-the-job technical and business skills - crucially the ones that make the difference between success and failure.
How testing avoids against discrimination
Testing candidates is an excellent way to avoid
discrimination claims in recruitment.
Types of Discrimination: Race, Sex, Sexual orientation, Disability, Age, Maternity/Pregnancy, Gender Reassignment, Religion or Belief, Marriage/Civil Partnership
Discrimination definitions: Direct, Indirect, Perceptive, Associative, Harassment and Victimisation
Why Companies Should Use Candidate Testing...
- Making recruitment mistakes can be very costly to any organisation, testing can help to make the right choice first time.
- More objective selection can help defend against discrimination claims (current legislation for a range of discriminations - age, sex, race, religion, disability and sexual orientation).
- To ensure consistent testing methods if you are using multiple recruiters
- Testing can prove (or disprove) candidate claims about experience and ability.
- Testing can quickly cover a broad range of technical skills, leaving the interview time free for the assessment of other skills and qualities.
- Testing can assess a candidate's ability to work under pressure (time pressure in the case of testing).
- More effective and objective pre selection (for interview) can be achieved with testing. This can save the recruitment team both time and energy.
- Avoiding over reliance on interviews compliments the interview process.
- Save valuable time by screening out unsuitable candidate's pre-interview.
- The tests are online and can be taken at the candidate's convenience (available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week).
- Comprehensive results analysis gives a detailed insight into the strengths and weaknesses of all candidates.
- Assessing candidates against national results (percentile measure and actual score) will allow a measure not previously available to companies. This can help your organisation get the most candidates in the market.
- Test current employees' abilities to use against benchmarking new recruits.
- Tests can be used as a minimum standard screen for hiring temporary staff.
Benefits to Companies:
- Get the most appropriate staff with the skills for the job
- Save time with pre-selection
- Decrease recruitment risk by objective testing
- Save cost
Why Recruitment Agencies Should Use Candidate Testing...
- In the fiercely competitive marketplace agencies need be seen to be adding value to the recruitment process. Pre-testing candidates provides a more holistic picture of the candidate.
- Reduce the risk of damage control and attrition (refunds, free replacements and / or damaged reputation).
- Clients using the service are likely to make less mistakes, thereby saving unnecessary costs.
- Save valuable time by quickly grading candidates to be offered to clients.
- Help candidates identify areas for personal development to help them become stronger contenders.
- Adding value when sending over CV's and / or discussing candidates (i.e. test results).
- Assessing candidates against national results will impress clients and allow them to benchmark their candidates against a wider group.
- Eliminate less suitable candidates from your database and avoid the embarrassment of promoting them to clients.
- Promote the 'stars' (i.e. candidates with high test scores) to clients, on a speculative basis, with more than just your subjective opinion.
- Tests are properly tailored and cover a broad range of levels and jobs – many new tests being developed including general and specialist tests as well as scenarios for more senior staff.
- Tests are very easy to administer online. The candidate will be sent a link by e-mail and once completed, analysed results are sent to the agency, client and candidate. No effort is required from the agency other than the initial order to test a candidate. Orders can be made via e-mail.
- Clients own tests can be administered on mass.
- No minimum volumes.
Benefits to Recruitment Agencies:
- Make your agency stand out
- Value adding screening
- Low cost online testing with automatic results and analysis
- Save time by quickly grading candidates